Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My Office "Garden"

The usual comments when other colleagues visit our office & they will say "Wow there are so many plants & fish tanks on almost every desk!" Frankly its really true, almost 90% of the colleagues sitting in IT area either have at least a minimum of 1 pot of plant on their desk or 1 or more fish tanks with either water plants or gold fishes or guppies or even lobster!

Side track on the lobster... The original owner resigned & left the company. Another colleague whom replaces her job also inherit the lobster. Unfortunately he got WFM yesterday & the lobster is out for adoption mention by our dear Sharon... :( One good thing is that every morning cleaner auntie will feed the lobster without fail....

Coming back to the plants! Oh yes there are plants every where. Not loosing out I also have my own as well. Let me present you with my mini office garden!

From the walkway this look like just any ordinary empty cubicle. Ya there were many colleagues whom got WFM & many pockets of empty places all around.

Well if you walk into the cube... here are all my plants!

A closer look on the plants. Let me also introduce these plants 1 by 1 to you as well.

This is actually my 1st plant. A money plant which I inherited from Winnie Teng. Sorry dear, over all these years I only manage to grow 4 stalks of leaves :(

The next plant I brought to the office - Cactus. A gift from my 6th uncle whom has such great green fingers. Anything he plants will grow fat & tall!

Ah... this one is another inheritance - from Yeow Loye after he left an African Violet. Hey YL see it is growing well & blooming with flowers since the past couple of months.


A new addition to the family. Another African Violet just potted last week. I hope it will grow well :)




3 comments:

CW said...

Who got the package this time around?

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

The new added plant may take some time to get adapted with the atmospheric air, water and soil.I liked that plant actually. Even i do have small garden at my place which also includes kitchen garden.

r4ds