Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Its a sign... The Fall of Merrill Lynch

Please don't say that I am being bias or even superstitious. Over the last couple of weeks or months, I guess there were so many news regarding all the leading banks around the world either filing for bankruptcy or being taken over by another bank or even whatever news there is... Hearing all these really makes us wonder - are our money really safe in the banks now?!?!?!

Guess this is really up to me to decipher nor comments whereby at this moment it may really up to God Bless the Banks.

Why out of a sudden I shown interest on the current economy? Not that I am always obnoxious regarding what is happening around me, but some times I rather keep my opinion to myself as not to offend other people which may have other point of view.

Well what prompts me to write this passage is really this.... Last week I was doing my pre boxing day shopping (boost Singapore economy OK) at Marina, I come across this.

The bull

My husband being an ex Merrill Lynch says the bull is the symbol of the bank. I just wonder why is this bull so weirdly sculpted? Should it had the head facing or looking upwards just like the original Bank symbol?

The actual

I walk closer & try to see whether is there any write ups or wording to describe the sculpture & I saw this...
The sculptor

No wonder Merrill got taken over by BAC (Bank of America) & its Asia chairman is resigning!!! This is because the sculptor sculpt the bull head facing downwards which symbolize a tired & restless bull without any charge. On top of this, this sculpture was done June 2008. This is almost the beginning of the WW financial crisis.

Haiz... Bad Omen!

No comments: